The Department of Health Bicol records three cases of fireworks-related injury this holiday season from December 21-25, all involving minors.
The first case was of a ten-year-old boy from Tinambac, Camarines Sur. The patient sustained injury on his right eye after playing with an improvised PVC canon or locally known as “boga” on December 21.
Another thirteen-year-old boy from Daet, Camarines Norte sustained eye injury on December 24 due to an improvised canon.
The third case was of a seven-year-old boy who injured his hands on December 25 after playing with “kwitis” in Pamplona, Camarines Sur.
DOH Bicol reminds the public to celebrate the merriment by other ways rather than the use of fireworks and other harmful explosive devices.
Parents are also advised to be watchful of their children especially the minors.
Photo: DOH Bicol